A red drums set is usually easier to find than a pink drums set. In addition, manufacturers such as Ludwig and Pearl utilize red shells more often than pink shells. Therefore, I ensure you that finding the best red drums set isn’t that hard of a task.
However, this article is most helpful as a guide in the journey of finding your first red drums set. As we know, finding the best drumset requires knowing the nitty-gritty and specifics for you to make the right decision. Thus, I made a buyer’s guide and collected 7 outstanding red drums sets, guiding you to the best kit possible.
What to Look for When Buying A Red Drums Set— A Buyer’s Guide
Over the years, I share the frustration of buying a drumkit just to realize it doesn’t live to its expectation. In this light, I designed this buyer’s guide to help drummers find the drumkit according to their needs.
Before buying a red drums set, buyers should first look into the kit’s material such as its cymbals, bass drum head, and shell. In doing so, you can get the best tone and playability for the money. Typically, an entry-level cymbal would feature brass materials for a decent overall tone.
For shell wood materials, kindly refer to the list below:
- Poplar hardwood- ideal for beginners within a tight budget.
- Ashwood- produces a warm and dry sound.
- Maple- provides a warm and well-balanced sound; however, it’s much more expensive.
- Cherry- suitable for players finding a versatile kit that highlights dynamics very well.
- Birch- provides a bright tone while eliminating unwanted overtones.
- Oak- excellent for drummers who want the loudest projection and volume possible.
- Beechwood- warmer than birch wood shells.
- Walnut- low and dark tone without compromising expressiveness and responsiveness.
- Mahogany- ideal for users who wants a low and warm tone than walnut shells.
- Bubinga- provides a deep and dark sound like mahogany; but, it’s more expensive.
As a drummer, I understand how annoying it is to have your kit wobble as you play. Not only it is annoying, but it sometimes throws my rhythm off. Typically, the stability of a drumkit depends on its base’s construction.
Therefore, if you want a stable drumkit, you should find drumkits that feature a double-braced base construction. In addition, rubber feet can also stop a kit from sliding if you do not have a drum carpet.
Let’s face it, an acoustic drumkit is expensive regardless of whether it’s an entry or professional-level kit. However, if you are on a tight budget, you might want to stray away from known manufacturers. Moreover, buyers could also find the best electronic drumpads that don’t cost more than electric and acoustic drumkits.
7 Outstanding Red Drums Set from Amazon
Mendini By Cecilio Drum Set
Type: Budget-friendly 3-Piece Red Drums Set for Children
I get it, finding the best drum set for your child can be quite a chore. As we know, dishing out a large sum of your savings on a drumkit is not a joke. Luckily, the Mendini By Cecilio Drum Set is here.
Firstly, the set includes small-scale drum shells, making them perfect for children ages 6-10. In addition, the set also features triple-flanged hoops, which enhance the drum’s tone without eating up drumsticks.
Secondly, Mendini designed the kit for easy assembly, allowing parents to easily set up the kit with their kids. Lastly, the kit comes with a pair of drumsticks, making the set ready to play once assembled.
- Small-sized hardwood shells
- Triple-flanged hoops
- 16”x11” bass drum
- 10”x6” hanging tom and 10”x5” snare
- 9.5” bass-mounted cymbal
- Offered at a budget-friendly price point.
- Ideal for children ages 6-10 years old.
- The kit’s triple-flanged hoops preserve drumstick quality.
- Comes with a comfortable round-padded drum throne.
- The kit doesn’t come with a hi hat, reducing its overall tonal versatility.
Ludwig LC178X025 Questlove Pocket Kit
Type: 4-piece Red Drums Set for Children
Drummers worldwide— including me— cannot deny Questlove’s proficiency when it comes to drumming. For a drummer who has won 5 Grammys, Questlove only utilizes the best of the best when it comes to gear. Now, this gear quality can be in your children’s hands thanks to the Questlove Pocket Kit.
The Questlove Pocket kit comes with a bass drum, floor tom, mounted tom, and snare, making it perfect for its price. Moreover, the set comes with all necessary hardware and accessories such as cymbals, stands, sticks, and throne.
Finally, the Ludwig Questlove Pocket Kit includes a 6-part lesson plan designed by Questlove himself! Therefore, if you are looking for a children’s drumset, you can never go wrong with the Ludwig Questlove Pocket Kit.
- 12”x16” bass drum
- 10”x13” floor tom
- 5”x12” snare drum
- 6”x10” mounted tom
- 6-part lesson plan by Questlove
- Comes with a cymbal and hi-hat.
- Excellent first kit for children ages 4-10 years old.
- Features all necessary accessories and hardware such as drum keys, throne, and stand.
- Great value considering its price point.
- Ludwig specifically designed this kit for children and not as a portable drumkit.
Ludwig Accent Series Complete Drum Set
Type: 5-piece Red Drums Set
The Ludwig Accent Series comes with a snare, bass drum, rack toms, and floor tom. In addition, the kit utilizes select hardwood topped with an attractive red wrap finish. Thus, resulting in an elegant drumkit that sounds excellently under any drumming conditions.
Furthermore, Ludwig ensured that the Accent Series comes with all the necessary hardware such as stands and pedals. Consequently, making the Ludwig Accent Series perfect for drummers looking for an all-in kit with durable materials.
Moreover, all the kit’s material culminates in a bright and modern sound that cuts in any mix. Therefore, if you are looking for an all-inclusive red drums set, then the Ludwig Accent Series will not disappoint.
- Double-ply batter heads
- 14”x5” snare drum
- 22”x16” bass drum
- 10”x7” and 12”x8” rack toms
- 16”x16” floor tom
- Comes with all the necessary hardware and accessory.
- Features durable materials within an all-inclusive set.
- High-quality drumset considering what you’re paying for it.
- The utilization of a boom cymbal holder allows users to have more freedom over cymbal adjustment.
- Offered within an expensive price point.
7 Pads Electronic Drum Set
Type: Electronic Red Drums Set
The Wildcat 7 Pads Electronic Drum Set comes with 3 toms, 1 snare, ride, 1 crash, and 1 hi-hat pad. In addition, the Wildcat Electronic Set features 2 pedals that allow users to control their hi-hat and bass drum. As a result, providing users with authentic acoustic drum action within a portable construction.
I know how difficult it is to practice late at night. Luckily, Wildcat designed the 7 Pads Electronic Drumset with headphones for electronic drums compatibility. Moreover, the Wildcat features 12 demo songs, 9 accompaniments, and 7 different sounds. Thus, offering users an excellent practice platform.
Furthermore, the electronic drum kit comes with built-in speakers, making it an ideal standalone drumkit. Lastly, the Wildcat Electronic Drum Set utilizes a rechargeable battery that can power the product for up to 10 hours.
- USB & MIDI Compatibility
- 17.4” x 12.79” size
- 2 pedal controller for hi-hat and bass drum
- Built-in speaker
- 10-hour capacity rechargeable battery
- Lightweight and portable construction.
- Ideal for late-night practice thanks to its headphone compatibility.
- Offered within a budget-friendly price point.
- Features digital recording capabilities.
- Cannot reproduce appropriate playing dynamics and accentuation higher-end electronic pads can do.
Sawtooth Bop Series Drums
Type: 4-piece Red Drums Set
I understand it is hard to find entry-level drums that provide a higher-quality build. However, the search is over with the Sawtooth Bop Series Drums! Firstly, the Sawtooth Bop Series features a 6-ply poplar shell that provides drummers with a warm and punchy tone. Moreover, the Sawtooth Bop Series incorporates triple flanged hoops on its tom drums, preserving stick quality in every hit.
Secondly, the Bop Series bass drum utilizes 9-ply Birch drum hoops paired with a red wrap inlay. In addition, the kit also features steel shell lugs and heavy-duty tom suspension for a stable and durable performance. Lastly, the bass drum also features an adjustable bass drum riser. Thus, allowing users to customize their bass drum’s height for a comfortable playing experience.
- 6-ply poplar shells
- 1.6mm steel Triple-flanged hoops
- Adjustable bass drum riser
- 9-ply Birch bass drum hoops
- 10 mil clear batter and resonant heads
- Features durable drum materials.
- Provides a classic warm and punchy tone.
- Ideal for jazz drumming.
- The kit’s hoops preserve drumstick quality.
- Considering the price point you’re paying for the Bop kit, I believe it should come with hardware and cymbals.
Mendini By Cecilio Kids Drum Set
Type: 5-piece Red Drums Kit for Children
Specifically designed for kids, the Mendini By Cecilio 5-piece Set is a beginner-friendly all-in-one junior-style drumkit on a budget. Mendini crafted this 5-piece drum kit with children ages 6-13 in mind. Thus, Mendini made this kit special by utilizing a smaller drumkit sizing, allowing children to conveniently play with the kit.
Furthermore, the kit comes with an adjustable round padded drum throne and a pair of wooden drumsticks. As a result, making the kit playable after assembly. In addition, Mendini provides parents with easy-to-follow instructions with the kit, enabling them to assemble the kit with ease.
- 16”x11” bass drum
- 12”x10” floor tom
- 10”x6” snare drum
- 8”x6” and 12”x10” floor tom
- 10” crash cymbal and 8” hi-hat
- All-in-one junior-style package at a budget-friendly price.
- Comes with a drum throne and drumsticks, making the kit playable right out of the box.
- Suitable for children ages 6-13.
- Although it’s an absolute steal with all the freebies in mind, the kit lacks in terms of hardware alignment.
Pearl Roadshow Drum Set 5-Piece Complete Kit
Type: Premium 5-piece Red Drums Set
The Pearl Roadshow Drum Set is excellent for drummers who want a decent drumkit within the sub-$1000 pricepoint. In addition, the Roadshow set comes with high-quality accessories that make it ready to play right out of the box.
First off, the kit comes with a single rack tom-holder, kick pedal, and drum throne. Thus, providing users with the necessary hardware to start drumming with the Roadshow! In addition, the kit comes with a 16” crash/ride and 14” hi-hat cymbals.
Secondly, Pearl constructed the Roadshow Kit with hardwood drum shells and triple-flanged steel hoops for a durable build. Moreover, the kit comes with 6-ply 7mm poplar hardwood shells paired with a 45-degree bearing edge. As a result, improving the kit’s overall sound while making it easy to tune.
Lastly, the Roadshow features double-braced stands supplemented with die-cast tier joints. Consequently, providing users with a stable kit that adjusts easily.
- 22”x16” bass drum
- 14”x6.5” snare
- 12”x9” rack tom
- 14”x14” and 16”x16” toms
- 16” crash/ride and 10” hi-hat cymbals
- Provides users with all the necessary hardware, making the kit ready to play right out the box.
- Highly adjustable and stable construction.
- The Roadshow’s construction creates a single-air resonance chamber for a fuller sound.
- Features professional-level features you won’t find in any other brands within this price point.
- The most expensive red drums set within our list.
Frequently Asked Questions about Red Drums Set
How much is a whole drum set?
A decent entry-level drumset would cost buyers around $500. Meanwhile, drumsets for intermediate players range between $500 up to $1500. Anything above that would be considered as a drumkit within a professional series or line.
However, if you are strapped for cash, some manufacturers offer electronic drum pads. Manufacturers design these pads with a standard kit layout providing users with a drum they can play within a budget.
What is the lowest price for a drum set?
Within this article, the cheapest drumset for children is the Mendini By Cecilio 3-piece Kit, costing less than $250. On the other hand, we have the Ludwig Accent Series within the sub-$1000 category. However, if you prefer a budget-friendly electronic drumkit for less than $100, the 7 Pads kit is perfect for you.
What drum set does Tommy Lee use?
For the legendary Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee, he utilizes the Pearl Drums paired with an E-Pro Live drumkit. Thus, showing that professionals worldwide love and trust the quality Pearl drums provide.
What drum set should a beginner get?
For beginners, nothing could go wrong by getting trusted brands such as Ludwig, Pearl, and other manufacturers. However, always remember that these brands always come at a premium. Therefore, if you are looking for cheaper drumkits, then the Mendini by Cecilio set is perfect for children. Conversely, I recommend drummers on a budget the Sawtooth Bop Series.
What is a 4 piece drum kit?
A 4-piece drumkit consists of a snare drum, two toms, and a bass drum. Typically, this is an excellent drum layout if you’re looking for a drumkit at a cheaper price point. However, I would advise against a 4-piece it if you love utilizing toms in your fills.
With over 30 years of experience, drumming has been a huge part of Joe’s life. He has experienced every stage of drumming imaginable – from playing in my parents’ garage, to playing local venues and to doing national tours.
Today, Joe tutor kids on how to play drums and shares all the things he has learned about drumming to all of BasicDrummer readers. He also reviews the best drums and gadgets not only for kids but also for beginners as well.