This Carlsbro CSD130 Electronic Drum Set review talks about an 8-piece electronic drum kit with a drum module that is suitable for both beginners and more advanced players who are looking for a no-nonsense easy way to use a drum kit.
Most noteworthy, the set offers instant access to hundreds of world-class percussion sounds. Carlsbro CSD130 makes things simpler and easier. The brand has been in the market for more than half a decade and top artists such as The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Mick Jagger were witnesses to its quality. The Carlsbro CSD130 can be ready in minutes. Just unfold the stand, prepare the pads into position and you are on your way to one of the best drumming experiences there is!
What You Will Find in the Box
- 7.5” dual-zone snare pad (x1)
- 7.5” single-zone tom pads (x3)
- 10” ride cymbal pad with choke (x1)
- 10” crash cymbal pad with choke (x1)
- 10” hi-hat cymbal pad (x1) & controller pedal (x1)
- 2” bass drum pad (x1) with professional kick pedal (x1)
- Complete 3-footed stand and all hardware (collapsible design for easy storage/transport)
- Cable harness, power supply, cable management strips
- Drum key and drum sticks
Product Features and Technical Details
- Brand : Carlsbro
- Type : Electronic Drumset
- Features : 20 preset drum kits
Below is a more detailed discussion of Carlsbro CSD130 Electronic Drum Set’s functional features:
- The module contains 250 drum and percussion sounds in 20 preset drum kits with 10 additional kits that the player can create and/or customize.
- The dual-zone feature allows open and/or closed rim-shots, together with Chokeable Cymbals. The set has incredible sensitivity on all of its pads. This is due to the Silica/rubber which professional drummers choose for all CDS models.
- The pads provide a natural feel that offers increased sensitivity and balanced rebounds. In addition, it helps eliminate or minimize wrist-fatigue.
- While the cymbals are only single-zone, both the crash and ride cymbal pads include a manual “choke,” for the prevention of ringing.
- The hi-hat pad functions together with the controller pedal for both open and closed effects. To note, spikes help maintain all pedals in place during performance.
- The kick pedal is a high-quality, acoustic piece, which comes with a MIDI In/Out, an additional feature that you can find in the package. This professional kick pedal activates the bass drum trigger to deliver a genuine feel.
- The rack is light yet possesses strong stability. Thus, you can fold it complete for easy storage and transportation.
- For live performances, there are a pair of stereo L/R outputs. When you take a cable out of the Left Out, it allows you to plug straight into a single amplification source. It also comes with a 9-V DC power supply as well as a compact and portable 3-legged drum rack.
Short Summary of Feedback from Existing Owners
Generally, the product has received average feedback from customers. They love that all the pads are individually programmable and the sample sounds are great as well. While you cannot expect miracles for such a price, your child can enjoy some features that may not be part of some kits in similar price range.
One satisfied user appreciated the kit’s sensitivity feature – making the sound more realistic. Not bad for a beginner set – especially for kids.
What We Like
- Digitron display
- Contains 250 high-quality percussion voices
- User Interface, MIDI In/Out
- Record and playback features
What We Don’t Like
- You have to assemble the kick pedal with the trigger unit.
- Snare drum may be quieter than the rest.
Who Should Buy This Product
Parents who are looking for a beginner’s drum kit to encourage their kid’s passion should try this out. It is a great value for money, not to mention the surprise and happiness on your child’s face.
Those who are looking for cheaper alternatives and wanting to play for a live audience without having to sacrifice the quality can also try this kit. While the hi-hat may not be as good as the rest, it is simply worth your every penny!
Conclusion and Recommendations
Each sound the Carlsbro CSD130 Electronic Drum Set produces boasts of CD-quality recording techniques. Control is at your fingertips, with its illuminated buttons and a bright 3-digit LED display.
Rock drummers can opt to use the “other” end of drum sticks for a heavier sound. Mount your stick bag on the side of the floor too, so you can easily reach for it. Treat Carlsbro’s drum sticks as an extension of your arms for drummers should always feel comfortable with their drum sticks.